Reacting is re-enacting. If you are angry at world events, so am I!
I am angry at what is still a profound lack of consciousness across the board.
However, more often than not, our anger is a deep seated futility or frustration at feeling helpless to do anything about it. And, this futility and frustration may represent a deeper personal “wounding” which is begging for resolution. Each time I have experienced this myself, I have had the opportunity to dig deeper into my own consciousness and find harmony.
The greatest power in the Universe is LOVE!
Am I saying that we can love these situations into resolution? Indeed I am!
Would you like to get to the bottom of your reactiveness, to understand why you still do the battle and with whom, and in doing so, contribute to World Peace?
How many times a day do you react, either subtly or overtly, to someone or something which has pushed your buttons? Against all your better knowing of not taking things personally, the gripping in your stomach begins, your head aches, maybe your breathing is suddenly labored, the heat arises inside and you plow head-first into an volatile exchange. Then the outer global events add fuel to this fire. You go back and forth, blaming or accusing others. You may suddenly find yourself in a full-blown altercation, striking back defensively. Even if you do all this silently in your mind, you are hooked and another war has begun.
Yes, my dear readers, this is a war, your inner war, one which may take you a lifetime to win, if ever. But this is not about winning, this is about healing and it is about primarily healing SHAME.
The greatest act of responsibility is to heal your personal wounds.
As you do this, you experience a re-instating of inner harmony and thus your personal creativity can bloom again. You may even birth the next great solution our planet needs at this crucial time in our history.
I can to help you track down the origins of these inner disruptive energies and assist you to find greater compassion for self, peace, and harmony is all aspects of your life. End the war inside of YOU!
Here are some steps you can take to avoid over-reacting:
1) When you feel the familiar button being pushed, breathe!
2) Step back and listen intently.
3) Ask for a replay. If it’s an individual and a statement they may have made, ask them to repeat it and be willing to hear the message with an open mind that isn’t hooked into an old pattern. People often don’t say what they mean, so wait until the words match the energy you are feeling from them. Get clear.
4) Be honest – with an open heart. In fact, placing one hand over your heart helps!
5) Choose to respond differently – letting go consciously of your old patterns.
6) Expect a miraculous outcome!