The Dark Night of the Soul – the disconnect!
Who am I?
Why am I suffering?
Why can’t I resolve my relationships?
Why am I here – what’s my purpose?
What happens to me after I die?
Even people who have studied on a spiritual path, or any path designed to lead them to self-realization or enlightenment, find themselves at times struggling with these and other questions. If things are not going as we may want, despite having enrolled in countless workshops or empowerment seminars, and despite all the years we’ve been on our paths, we cry out, “But I’m meditating, I’m chanting, I’m tapping, and I’m doing all those things I’ve come to know that are implicit within the rules of creative manifestation and the laws of attraction as taught in all those workshops and seminars. Why I am still struggling?”
And because the answer is not apparent to us, we loose faith, we spiral downward and enter into the abyss that is commonly known as the Dark Night of the Soul. Strangely though, at that point we may have disconnected from our Soul Selves.
Our Souls are still our Souls and ever will be, whole and complete. But because we are not getting our way, because our Universe is not delivering to us what we want – now, we, the ego self, enters into despair and futility and forgets the primary tenets of our spiritual journey. We forget Gratitude for what we do have, we forget to really look at our creations and appreciate what is there as opposed to what hasn’t shown up yet. We forget that there is a time for everything and that our Universe is in fact lining things up – for the highest good, or if not, that is for the highest good. We judge and undermine ourselves and feel disgusted and worry about what others may think and how we going to participate in our world. And we question everything – but not in a good way!
At that point we have moved out of our hearts and our sweet desires, and our minds are racing us through a myriad of linear thoughts whose intention is to push against the grain – trying to force something to happen. It doesn’t work and may create more confusion and anger.
Time to De-frag the brain!
Let go of your mind and drop down into your heart – literally! Place a hand over your heart and listen. Then, go through a process of releasing and deleting all your brain fog. Here are some suggestions:
- Forgive yourself for falling off your proverbial wagon and disconnecting from your higher self.
2. With intention, call forward your guides and ask them to help you to release any and all programming you may still be subscribing to which no longer serves you. Thank it for its service in the past and bless it on its way.
3. Release toxic relationships with love and gratitude for the lessons provided.
4. Ask that any ancestral baggage you may have been lugging along be deleted if you no longer have use for it. Do this with love and gratitude.
5. Ask that anything bleeding through from a past lifetime – guilt, shame, self-blame, contracts, promises etc. be deleted if it no longer serves you. Do this with love and gratitude.
Finally make a statement to yourself that you will endeavor to stay rooted in your heart, in kindness and compassion. Agree to stay in trust that the Universe really is working for you.
Then watch the miracles appear!
I hope this has been of service to you – further assistance and grace is available through a private session either at my home at beautiful Bushwillows or on Skype. Check my website under “SERVICES.”
May kindness and love surround you.